Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Bragware Report: Dylan & The Seven Drones, by TheFatControlleR

Threads cycle pretty quickly on the Propellerhead User Forum, but a few weeks ago Ben from 3 Floor Sound was nice enough to draw a little attention to my new archive refill by pointing folks in my direction. Thank you, Ben!

The thread was short and short-lived, but was the internet equivilent of getting a bear hug, with a few people thanking me for my work on the blog and posting about their excitement in getting the refills. Thank you all for showing interest in what I've been doing!

One of the highlights of the thread, however, was a song that FatControlleR put together using patches from the Vol 1 Refill. His efforts can be found in the thread or heard here:

Dylan & The Seven Drones by TheFatControlleR

FatControlleR even put together a video for his track. You can see it below.



FatControlleR was kind enough to outline all of the patches he used in his song, telling me he used the Gravel, Journeyman [Run (off)], Mandible Lullaby, Mantis Prayers, Memory, Metaphor, The Snickers Of Shadows [Run (off)], TwangSlang, and Unfaithful + Heft + UglyBoy instrument patches. On the effects side, he used the Auto-Pan, Campfire, Character Enhancer, Heft (Stereo), Nasal, Shimmering, Spacey, and TapeFlutter effects and Combinators.

As I mentioned to FatControlleR privately, it's always a treat to hear what other people have done with the sounds I've created. Sometimes they sound the same, other things I can't recognize them at all. Thanks for sharing, FatControlleR! It was a lot of fun for me to hear what you've done with my patches.

4 comments:

Lewis.72 said...

Nice - Mandible Lullaby and Mantis Prayers in the same song, two of my favorite RPAD patches!

Nikolai said...

That's some spooky $%^& - thumbs up!

TheFatControlleR said...

Thanks for highlighting my track Rob, I'm 'chuffed to bits' (as they say up North in the UK ;)).

But I have to say, without your Refill it wouldn't exist. So, thank you.

Unknown said...

Premium Pulman Pvt Ltd is specially established for the manufacture of size reduction equipment (Pulveriser). This is off chute of the Parent company M/s. Precision Products. AHMEDABAD (INDIA). Hammer Mill, Industrial Pulveriser, Micro Pulveriser, Air Swept Mill, Poultry Feed Plant, Salt Refining Plant, Spices Plant, Sugar Pulverisers, Pin Mill