Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Announcing The 2011 PAD Challenge

It's time. Actually, if you've taken a few minutes to read the rant I posted well over a month ago, its past time. So, with little fanfare, but much expectation (at least from me), I'm announcing the 2011 PAD Challenge.

If you're new to the blog and wasn't able to follow along with last year's PAD Challenge, the concept is pretty simple. Basically, the challenge piece of the PAD Challenge is to write and finish a new song in just one week. Last year, the stipulation was that you needed to try a song in a genre or style you don't normally work in. For example, I choose to put together a straight up dance track, but I thought we'd keep things a little more open this year. So, the goal is just to create a track. That's it.

So, who is with me? You have until this weekend to decide if you want to participate, then after that, one week to put together a new track. Please use at least one patch from the blog, and send me an email with a link to your track, or the track itself, and I'll share the results here on the blog.

This was a lot of fun last year and I for see this year's Challenge being even more successful, so leave a comment if you plan to join in.

2 comments:

Nikolai said...

Yup sign me up. I've been playing around with the latest Kong patches so this will be as good an excuse as any to wrap up a track!

Outlaw said...

I made this in a week, does that count. i Also use reason.. I probably need to tweak it a bit..

http://www.mediafire.com/?t9j8ko437udxgcs

Bit quiet too yo..
Get at me: outlawdnb@gmail.com